What can I do at the Sapphire Gemfields?
Whether you want to fossick for your fortune or prefer to keep your hands dirt free, you are sure to find tours and activities to excite the whole family.
Here are our favourites:
- Enjoy a guided underground mine tour at Miners Heritage Walk In Mine
- Visit a fossicking park and buy a bucket of sapphire “wash”, learn to sieve it, and recognise sapphire
in the rough
- Go on a ‘tag-along’ fossicking tour
- Have a ‘browse’… Gemshops, galleries, jewellers and locally created cottage industries are abundant in the area
- Purchase a stunning piece of jewellery at Rubyvale Gem Gallery, M & M Sapphires or Miners Heritage Walk In Mine
How long should I stay?
A minimum of 2 days is ideal (but you could catch ‘’gem fever’’ and stay a month)
Where to stay at the Sapphire Gemfields?
The Sapphire Gemfields offer a variety of comfortable accommodation within hotel or cabin as well as holiday units and Caravan Parks.
Our top picks include: Rubyvale Gem Gallery Apartments, New Royal Rubyvale Hotel, and Blue Gem Tourist Park
Experience this special place for yourself. Book your Sapphire Gemfields getaway today.